S. Hanna, S. Karunartne, and D. Cabric, "WiSig: A Large-Scale WiFi Signal Dataset for Receiver and Channel Agnostic RF Fingerprinting", Submitted to IEEE Access 2022
Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab
- M.Sc., Engineering Mathematics, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, July 2017
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, June 2013
- Best Student Poster Honorable Mention at the ECE Annual Resesearch Review 2019.
- Best paper award in ICNC 2019 for the paper: Deep Learning Based Transmitter Identificationusing Power Amplifier Nonlinearity.
- Honored yearly from 2009 to 2013 for getting Distinction grade by Alexandria University.
S. Hanna, E. Krijestorac, and D. Cabric, "Destination-Feedback Free Distributed Transmit Beamforming using Guided Directionality", Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 2022
S. Karunaratne, S. Hanna, and D. Cabric, "Open Set RF Fingerprinting using Generative Outlier Augmentation," in 2021 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), December 2021
S. Hanna and D. Cabric, "Distributed Transmit Beamforming: Design and Demonstration from the Lab to UAVs", Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 2021
S. Hanna, E. Krijestorac, and D. Cabric, "UAV Swarm Position Optimization for High Capacity MIMO Backhaul", in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2021
S. Hanna, C .Dick, and D. Cabric, "Signal Processing Based Deep Learning for Blind Symbol Decoding and Modulation Classification", to appear in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 2021
S. Hanna, S. Karunaratne, and D. Cabric, "Open Set Wireless Transmitter Authorization: Deep Learning Approaches and Dataset Considerations", in IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, March 2021.
E. Krijestorac, S. Hanna, D. Cabric, "Spatial Signal Strength Prediction using 3D Maps and Deep Learning", in IEEE ICC 2021.
S. Hanna, C. Dick, D. Cabric, "Combining Deep Learning and Linear Processing for Modulation Classification and Symbol Decoding", in IEEE Globecom 2020, May 2020.
S. Hanna, S. Karunaratne, and D. Cabric, "Deep Learning Approaches for Open Set Wireless Transmitter Authorization", in IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Feb. 2020.
S. Hanna, and D. Cabric, "Deep Learning Based Transmitter Identification using Power Amplifier Nonlinearity", in IEEE ICNC, Feb. 2019.
E. Krijestorac, S. Hanna, D. Cabric, "UAV Access Point Placement for Connectivity to a User with Unknown Location Using Deep RL", in IEEE Globecom 2019 AINGWC Workshop, August 2019.
S. Hanna, H. Yan, and D. Cabric, "Distributed UAV Placement Optimization for Cooperative line-of-sight MIMO Communications", in IEEE ICASSP, Apr. 2019
M. Mirmohammadsadeghi, S. Hanna, D. Cabric, “Modulation Classification using Convolutional Neural Networks and Spatial Transformer Networks”,(invited paper) in Proc. IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, October 2017.
- Samer S. Hanna, Noha Korany, and Mina B. Abd-el-Malek, “Speech Recognition using Hilbert-Huang Transform Based Features,” in 2017 40th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP).
- Samer S. Hanna, Karim G. Seddik, Amr A. El-Sherif , “Topology Realization using Gain Control for Wireless Testbeds,” in Proceedings of the Tenth ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization, New York, NY, USA, 2016, pp. 49-56.
- Samer S. Hanna, Arsany Guirguis, Mahmoud Mahdi, Yaser A. El-Nakieb, Dina M. Saber, Moustafa Youssef, Mustafa El-Nainay, Amr El-Sherif, Karim Seddik , “CRC: Collaborative Research and Teaching Testbed for Wireless Communications and Networks,” in Proceedings of the Tenth ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization, New York, NY, USA, 2016, pp.73-80.
- Samer S. Hanna, Amr A. El-Sherif, and Mustafa Y. ElNainay, “Maximizing USRP N210 SDR Transfer Rate by Offloading Modulation to the On-board FPGA,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications (WINCOM’16), Fez, Morocco, 2016, pp. 110-115.
- M. B. Abd-el-Malek and S. S. Hanna, “The Hilbert transform of cubic splines, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 80, p. 104983, Jan. 2020
- Mina B. Abd-el-Malek and Samer S. Hanna, “Using Filter Bank Property to Simplify the Calculations of Empirical Mode Decomposition”, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 62, pp. 429–444, Sep. 2018..
- Email: samerhanna-at-ucla.edu