S. Karunaratne, S. Hanna, and D. Cabric, "Open Set RF Fingerprinting using Generative Outlier Augmentation," in 2021 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), December 2021
Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab
I am an M.S./Ph.D. candidate at the Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (CORES) Lab at UCLA.
- M.S/Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2019-Present
- B.Sc. Computer Engineering, University Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2019
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Fellowship, UCLA, March 2019
- Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS) Gold Medal for the Best Performance in Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2019
- 1st Country Rank (62nd globally), IEEEXtreme 10.0 Worldwide competitive programming contest, 2016
- Silver medal at the 45th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO), 2014
- Silver medal at the 15th Asian Physics Olympiad (APhO), 2014
- Gold Medal and Winner of the Sri Lankan Physics Olympiad, 2013
- Mahapola Higher Education Merit Scholarship, Government of Sri Lanka, 2013
S. Hanna, S. Karunaratne, and D. Cabric, "Open Set Wireless Transmitter Authorization: Deep Learning Approaches and Dataset Considerations", in IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, March 2021.
Samurdhi Karunaratne, Enes Krijestorac, Danijela Cabric, "Penetrating RF Fingerprinting-based Authentication with a Generative Adversarial Attack", ICC 2021 - IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2021, pp. 1-6
S. Hanna, S. Karunaratne, and D. Cabric, "Deep Learning Approaches for Open Set Wireless Transmitter Authorization", in IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Feb. 2020.
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., “Artificial Intelligence Driven Optimization of Channel and Location in Wireless Networks”, in IEEE GLOBECOM 2018: Machine Learning for Communications, December 2018.
- Gacanin,H., Perenda,E., Karunaratne,S. and Atawia,R., “Self-optimization of Wireless Systems with Knowledge Management: An Artificial Intelligence Approach”, in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2019.
- Karunaratne, S., Atawia, R., Perenda,E. and Gacanin,H., “An Overview of Machine Learning Applications in Wireless Mesh Networks”, in IEEE Communications Magazine, April 2019.
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., Optimizing a Wireless Network that Comprises Range Extenders EPO App. Number: EP20181741372
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., Optimizing a Wi-Fi Network Comprising Multiple Range Extenders and Associated Devices EPO App. Number: EP20181834755
Research Intern, Nokia Bell Labs, Belgium (Winter,Spring 2017)
- Email: samurdhi[at]g[dot]ucla[dot]edu
- Personal website: http://samurdhi.me