Taehoon Kim is a Postdoctoral fellowship (started April 2011) in Electrical Engineering at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). He is currently working with Prof. Danijela Čabrić on radio resource management for cognitive radio networks.
- Postdoc. in Electrical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), CA, USA.
- Ph.D. in Information & Communications Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Korea, 2011.
- M.S. in Information & Communications Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, Korea, 2006.
- M.S. in Department of System Management Engineering, Sung Kyun Kwan University, Suwon, Korea, 2003.
- B.A. in Department of System Management Engineering, Sung Kyun Kwan University, Suwon, Korea, 2001.
- Yeejong Kim, Taehoon Kim, Hoon Kim, Jungchan Kim and Youngnam Han, “A Threshold-based Relay Switching Protocol for Enhanced Capacity and Resource Efficiency”, accepted for publication, 19 July 2011.
- Taehoon Kim, Yeejong Kim, Sang-wook Han, and Youngnam Han, “Optimal Resource Sharing in Cooperative Networks”, submitted to IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications.
- Jin-yup. Hwang, Junhyeoung. Kim, Taehoon Kim, and Youngnam Han, “A Periodic Frequency Band Rotation Scheme for Multi-cell Coordination Clustering”, IEEE Communications. Letters. accepted for publication, 7 July 2011
- Taehoon Kim, Sang-wook Han, and Youngnam Han, “A QoS-aware Vertical Handoff Algorithm Based on Service History Information”,IEEE Communications Letters, June , 2010.
- Ho-woo. Lee, Taehoon Kim, “A Queueing Model for Multi-product Production Systemunder Varying Manufacturing Environment," Lecture Notes in Computer Science(LNCS), 3483, 509-518, Springer, May 13, 2005..
- Deokhoon Lee, Jinyoung Kim, Yeejung Kim, Taehoon Kim, and Youngnam Han, “A Network Selection Algorithmfor Simultaneous Multi-Service Environment," in Proc. IEEE VTS APWCS. Aug.2009.
- Yeejung Kim, Taehoon Kim, Sujung Kim, and Youngnam Han, “Cooperation Strategy of Multiple Relaysfor Adaptive Transmission in 4G Wireless Systems", in Proc. IEEE WCNC. Apr. 2009..
- Yeejung Kim, Sujung Kim, Taehoon Kim, and Youngnam Han “A Mobility Support and Load ReducingPartner Selection Criterion in Cooperative Communication" in Proc. IEEE Globe-Com. Dec. 2008
- Taehoon Kim and Youngnam Han “Performance Analysis of Space-Time Block Codes in MIMOFading Channels with Discrete Adaptive MQAM" in Proc. IEEE VTC. Sep. 2008
- Jongmin Lee, Taehoon Kim, Sang-wook Han, Sengmo Kim and Youngnam Han “An Analysis of Sensing Scheme UsingEnergy Detector for Cognitive Radio Networks" in Proc. IEEE PIMRC. Sep. 2008
- Taehoon Kim and Youngnam Han“Performance Analysis of A Realistic Discrete Adaptive MQAM"in Proc. IASTED WOC, Quebec, Canada, Jun. 2008
- Taehoon Kim ,Yoontae Kim, Jeounghoon Mo Jinseok Choi and Youngnam Han “An Enhanced Fast Handover Schemeover IEEE 802.16e BWA System " in Proc. IASTED WOC, Quebec, Canada,Jun. 2008
- Howoo. Lee and Taehoon. Kim., “A Queueing Model for Multi-Product Production System", in Proc. International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA 2005), Suntec City, Singarpore, May. 2005
- Seunghyun Lee, Youngnam Han, Jin-yup Hwang, Taehoon Kim, JunHyung Kim"Apparatus and method for rotation frequency reuse clustering based on semi-static clustering in communication system,"Nov. 2010 KR (10-2010-0122229), (With SK telecom)
- Taehoon Kim,Youngnam Han, Younghoon Choi, Deokhoon Lee, Deokhee Han, " Handover apparatus and its method on history information in wireless networks, its program recorded computer-readable storable medium," Aug. 2008, US (12/190,842), Jul. 2009 KR (10-2009-0068266)
- Taehoon Kim, Younghoon Choi, Sujung Kim,,Youngnam Han, " Network selection method for a vertical handover in the next generation mobile communication system",Nov. 2007 KR(10-2007-0132823), (With ETRI)
- Taehoon Kim, Yoontae Kim,Jounghoon Mo, ”Fast route optimization for real-time service in 802.16e system”, May. 2006, US (GQ-200605-021-1), Sep. 2006, KR (P2006-0086882),(With Samsung Electronics).
- Email: thkim-ee.ucla.edu
- Phone: (Lab) +1 310 206 9252