S. Hanna, S. Karunaratne, and D. Cabric, "Deep Learning Approaches for Open Set Wireless Transmitter Authorization", in IEEE International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), Feb. 2020.
Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab
I am an M.S./Ph.D. candidate at the Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (CORES) Lab at UCLA.
- M.S/Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2019-Present
- B.Sc. Computer Engineering, University Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2019
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Fellowship, UCLA, March 2019
- Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS) Gold Medal for the Best Performance in Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2019
- 1st Country Rank (62nd globally), IEEEXtreme 10.0 Worldwide competitive programming contest, 2016
- Silver medal at the 45th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO), 2014
- Silver medal at the 15th Asian Physics Olympiad (APhO), 2014
- Gold Medal and Winner of the Sri Lankan Physics Olympiad, 2013
- Mahapola Higher Education Merit Scholarship, Government of Sri Lanka, 2013
S. Hanna, S. Karunaratne, and D. Cabric, "Open Set Wireless Transmitter Authorization: Deep Learning Approaches and Dataset Considerations", submitted to IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, May 2020.
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., “Artificial Intelligence Driven Optimization of Channel and Location in Wireless Networks”, in IEEE GLOBECOM 2018: Machine Learning for Communications, December 2018.
- Gacanin,H., Perenda,E., Karunaratne,S. and Atawia,R., “Self-optimization of Wireless Systems with Knowledge Management: An Artificial Intelligence Approach”, in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2019.
- Karunaratne, S., Atawia, R., Perenda,E. and Gacanin,H., “An Overview of Machine Learning Applications in Wireless Mesh Networks”, in IEEE Communications Magazine, April 2019.
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., Optimizing a Wireless Network that Comprises Range Extenders EPO App. Number: EP20181741372
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., Optimizing a Wi-Fi Network Comprising Multiple Range Extenders and Associated Devices EPO App. Number: EP20181834755
Research Intern, Nokia Bell Labs, Belgium (Winter,Spring 2017)
- Email: samurdhi[at]g[dot]ucla[dot]edu
- Personal website: http://samurdhi.me