Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab
Paulo Isagani M. Urriza
Paulo Isagani M. Urriza is a PhD Candidate at the Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (CORES) Laboratory at UCLA.
Paulo Isagani M. Urriza (Download CV | Download Research Summary) is a Ph.D. Candidate (expected graduation Spring 2014) in Electrical Engineering at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). He is currently working with Prof. Danijela Čabrić on techniques for localizing and identifying transmitters for Cognitive Radio applications.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering University of California Los Angeles, USA, Expected 2014
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, EEE Institute – University of the Philippines Diliman, Philippines, 2009
- B.S. Computer Engineering, EEE Institute – University of the Philippines Diliman, Philippines, 2007
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude in B.S. Computer Engineering
- Dept. of Science and Technology (DOST) Merit Scholarship Award, Philippines 2002-2007
- UP Oblation Scholarship Award – University of the Philippines Diliman, 2002-2007
- BPI-DOST Science Award and 3rd Best Research Project, 2007
Journals, Letters and Magazines
- M. Laghate, P. Urriza, and D. Cabric, Channel Access Method Classification For Cognitive Radio Applications, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 70-73, Feb. 2018. [ Long Version]
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, “Optimal Discriminant Functions Based On Sampled Distribution Distance for Modulation Classification”, IEEE Communications Letters, August 2013 arXiv:1302.4773
- E. Rebeiz, F.-L. Yuan, P. Urriza, Dejan Markovic, Danijela Cabric, “Energy-Efficient Processor for Blind Signal Classification in Cognitive Radio Networks”, in IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems I
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, “Multiple Antenna Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing Based on the Cyclic Correlation Significance Test”, in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications: Cognitive Radio Series on 30 May 2013. arXiv:1211.0313
- E. Rebeiz, P. Urriza, D. Cabric, “Optimizing Wideband Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing under Receiver Impairments”, in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing on 25 April 2013.
- J. Wang, P. Urriza, Y. Han, D. Cabric, “Weighted Centroid Algorithm for Estimating Primary User Location: Theoretical Analysis and Distributed Implementation”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol.10, no.10, pp.3403-3413, October 2011 arXiv:1011.2313
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, P. Pawełczak, and D. Cabric, “Computationally Efficient Modulation Level Classification Based on Probability Distribution Distance Functions”, IEEE Communications Letters, vol.15, no.5, pp.476-478, May 2011 arXiv:1012.5327
Conferences and Workshops
- E. Rebeiz, P. Urriza, D. Cabric, “Experimental Analysis of Cyclostationary Detectors Under Cyclic Frequency Offsets”, accepted for publication in Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers 2012
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, “Eigenvalue-based Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing Using Multiple Antennas”, accepted to the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2012.
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, D. Cabric, “Hardware Implementation of Kuiper-based Modulation Level Classification”, in Proc. Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 6-9 Nov. 2011, Pacific Grove, CA, USA
- J. Wang, P. Urriza, Y. Han, and D. Cabric, “Performance Analysis of Weighted Centroid Algorithm for Primary User Localization in Cognitive Radio Networks”, in Proc. Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 7-10 Nov. 2010, Pacific Grove, CA, USA
- P. Urriza, and J.J.S. Marciano, “Combining Parallel Sequence Spread Spectrum (PSSS) with OFDM – Concept and Simulation Results”, in Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2010), 18-21 Apr. 2010, Sydney, Australia
- G.N.D. Fadera, L.R.T. Ignacio, M.B.R. Nastor, P.I.M. Urriza, J.J.S. Marciano, “FPGA implementation of space-time encoders”, in Proc. International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS 2007), 25-28 Nov. 2007, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, and D. Čabrić, “Multiple Antenna Cyclostationary Spectrum Sensing Based on the Cyclic Correlation Significance Test”, UCLA Annual Research Review (ARR 2011), 2 March 2011
- P. Urriza, E. Rebeiz, P. Pawełczak, and D. Čabrić, “Computationally Efficient Modulation Level Classification Based on Probability Distribution Distance Functions”, UCLA Annual Research Review (ARR 2011), 4 December 2012
Part of this material is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright.
- P.I.M. Urriza, “Parallel Sequence Spread Spectrum – OFDM (PSSS-OFDM) Scheme – a Novel Physical Layer Scheme for Robust Wireless Communication Systems”, MS Thesis, University of the Philippines Diliman, 2009
- Adviser: Joel Joseph S. Marciano Jr. Ph.D.
- Phone: (Lab) +1 310 206 9252