Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab is a unique research entity within UCLA, which focuses on research in Cognitive Radio and Cognitive Radio-like systems. We are interested in all modern radio technologies, with the emphasis on systems that enable more efficient utilization of spectrum. Our group headed by Prof. Danijela Čabrić is a vibrant and young group of graduate students, international visitors and researchers.
Postdoc position available
Postdoctoral scholar position (starting January 2020) available in Prof. Cabric’s research group at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), in the areas of millimeter wave communications, machine learning for spectrum sharing and distributed communications and sensing (funded by DARPA and NSF). Candidates with strong background in wireless communications, signal processing and machine learning are encouraged to apply. Prior experience in these research areas is preferred. Interested applicants should send their CV, along with the names of at least one reference, to Prof. Cabric via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- January, 2020: Congratulations to Enes Krijestorac for securing the 1st place in the Ph.D. Preliminary Examination (Signals & Systems track)!
- October, 2019: Welcome to our new Fulbright visiting student Agon Memedi from Paderborn University!
- September, 2019: Welcome to our new graduate students: Benjamin Domae and Samurdhi Karunaratne!
- September, 2019: CORES lab receives a new NSF award for Circuits and Systems Design for UAV Swarm Enabled Communications.
- May, 2019: Congratulations to Han Yan on winning the prestigious Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship!
- February, 2019: Congratulations to Ghaith Hattab on defending his Ph.D. thesis!
- February, 2019: Congratulations to Samer Hanna and Prof. Danijela Cabric for winning the Best Paper Award at IEEE ICNC 2019 for the paper "Deep Learning Based Transmitter Identification using Power Amplifier Nonlinearity"!
We perform theoretical research with strong emphasis on the implementation and practicality of the solutions for future Cognitive Radio systems. We also conduct practical experiments using a variety of Cogntive Radio Testbeds in conjunction with a rapid prototyping design environement. We deal with anything related to Opportunistic Spectrum Access, Dynamic Spectrum Access, Reconfigurable Radios, Policy-based Radios, and Underlay and Overlay Radio Systems. All information about our current projects, with brief description of the results and the links to current publications, can be found on the Research page. Our ongoing research projects are:
- Cooperative Communication and Sensing with UAV Swarms
- Coordinated Beam Discovery, Association, and Handover in Ultra-Dense Millimeter Wave Cellular Networks
- Massive MIMO in Interference Management in Cognitive Radio Networks
- Load Balancing and Interference Management for Heterogeneous Cellular Networks
- Dynamic Spectrum Access by Learning Primary Network Topology
- Postal (Visiting) Address: UCLA, Electrical Engineering, 56-125B (54-130B) Engineering IV, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
- Phone: +1 310 206 8856
- Email: email@example.com