Hello and welcome to my page. I am a PhD candidate at the Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (CORES) Lab at UCLA. My current research interests are listed below:
- Channel selection and power allocation for underlay CR using Markovian Multi-Armed Bandit approach,
- Interference management, power allocation, and user selection in underlay cognitive radio network with Massive MIMO,
- Transmitter localization in the presence of interference,
- Blind modulation classification of unknown signals.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2013-Present
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2013
- B.Tech. Electronics and Telecommunication, College of Engineering, Pune, 2010
Journals, Letters and Magazines
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "QoS Aware Power Allocation and User Selection in Massive MIMO Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks", submitted to IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, May 2017.
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "Cyclic Weighted Centroid Algorithm for Transmitter Localization in the Presence of Interference", in IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 162-177, June 2016.
Conferences and Workshops
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "Unsupervised Frequency Clustering for Null Space Estimation in Wideband Spectrum Sharing Networks", accepted for publication in Proc. IEEE GlobalSIP, Nov. 2017.
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "Kuiper Test based Modulation Level Classification under Unknown Frequency Selective Channels", accepted for publication in Proc. IEEE GlobalSIP, Nov. 2017.
- H.Yan, S. Chaudhari, D. Cabric, “Wideband Channel Tracking for mmWave MIMO System with Hybrid Beamforming Architecture”, (invited paper) in Proc. IEEE International Workshop on Computational Advances in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Processing (CAMSAP), December 2017.
- X Wang, S. Chaudhari, M. Laghate, and D. Cabric, "Wideband Spectrum Sensing Measurement Results using Tunable Front-End and FPGA Implementation", accepted to Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, October 2017.
- M. Laghate, S. Chaudhari, and D. Cabric, “USRP N210 Demonstration of Wideband Sensing and Blind Hierarchical Modulation Classification,” accepted to IEEE DySPAN Workshop: Battle of the ModRecs, March 2017. [ Paper ]
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "Feasibility of Serving K Secondary Users in Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks using Massive MIMO", in proc. of 11th international ITG conference on Systems, Communications, and Coding (SCC), Feb. 2017
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "Downlink Transceiver Beamforming and Admission Control for Massive MIMO Cognitive Radio Networks", Asilomar Conference, May 2015.
- S. Chaudhari and D. Cabric, "Cyclic Weighted Centroid Localization for Spectrally Overlapped Sources in Cognitive Radio Networks", Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2014 IEEE , vol., no., pp.935,940, 8-12 Dec. 2014.
Posters and Presentations
- Shailesh Chaudhari, Danijela Cabric, "Localization of Cyclostationary Sources in Presence of Spectrally Overlapped Interferers", UCLA Annual Research Review (ARR 2013), Dec. 11, 2013.
- Shailesh Chaudhari, Danijela Cabric, " Interference-Robust Cyclic Weighted Centroid Localization Algorithm for Non-cooperative Targets in Cognitive Radio Networks" , UCLA Annual Research Review (ARR 2015), Feb. 27, 2015.
- Shailesh Chaudhari, "On Performance Improvement in 4x4 MIMO System over SISO in Indoor Environment"
- UCLA Graduate Division Fellowship, 2013-14.
- Gold Medal for the 1st rank in all 4 years of Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Telecommunication at College of Engineering, Pune (University of Pune, India)
- Merit Scholarships Received in India:
1. National Talent Search Scholarship (2004-2010)
2. Maharashtra State Talent Search Scholarships (2002-2004)
Teaching Fellow at UCLA (Fall 2017-)
Teaching Associate at UCLA (Spring 2014-Winter 2017)
Teaching Assistant at UCLA (Fall 2012-Winter 2014)
- EE 230A: Estimation and detection for radar signal processing (Fall 2017)
- EE 102: Systems and Signals (Winter 2017, Winter 2016, Spring 2014)
- EE 209AS: Special Topics in Wireless System Design (Spring 2015, Spring 2013)
- PIC 10A: Introduction to Programming (Fall 2012)
- Physics 4BL: Electricity and Magnetism (Spring 2012)
Other Teaching Experience:
- MATLAB Workshop at UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. (September 2014)
- System Design Intern, WLAN Systems, Qualcomm Inc., San Jose (Jun. 2016-Sep. 2016)
- Embedded Software Intern, Silvus Technologies, Los Angeles (Jan. 2013-May 2013)
- Software Engineer, Cisco Systems, India (Jul. 2010-Jun. 2011)