Students: Samurdhi Karunaratne
I am an M.S./Ph.D. candidate at the Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems (CORES) Lab at UCLA.
- M.S/Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2019-Present
- B.Sc. Computer Engineering, University Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2019
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Fellowship, UCLA, March 2019
- Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS) Gold Medal for the Best Performance in Computer Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 2019
- 1st Country Rank (62nd globally), IEEEXtreme 10.0 Worldwide competitive programming contest, 2016
- Silver medal at the 45th International Physics Olympiad (IPhO), 2014
- Silver medal at the 15th Asian Physics Olympiad (APhO), 2014
- Gold Medal and Winner of the Sri Lankan Physics Olympiad, 2013
- Mahapola Higher Education Merit Scholarship, Government of Sri Lanka, 2013
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., "Artificial Intelligence Driven Optimization of Channel and Location in Wireless Networks", in IEEE GLOBECOM 2018: Machine Learning for Communications, December 2018.
- Gacanin,H., Perenda,E., Karunaratne,S. and Atawia,R., "Self-optimization of Wireless Systems with Knowledge Management: An Artificial Intelligence Approach", in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2019.
- Karunaratne, S., Atawia, R., Perenda,E. and Gacanin,H., "An Overview of Machine Learning Applications in Wireless Mesh Networks", in IEEE Communications Magazine, April 2019.
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., Optimizing a Wireless Network that Comprises Range Extenders
EPO App. Number: EP20181741372
- Karunaratne, S. and Gacanin, H., Optimizing a Wi-Fi Network Comprising Multiple Range Extenders and Associated Devices
EPO App. Number: EP20181834755
- Research Intern, Nokia Bell Labs, Belgium (Winter,Spring 2017)
- Personal website: http://samurdhi.me