Students: Samer Hanna
I am starting my PhD in Electrical Engineering at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). My advisor is Prof. Danijela Čabrić. I'm primarily interested in the development and implementation of signal processing algorithms for wireless communication systems, and the applications of machine learning in communication.
- M.Sc., Engineering Mathematics, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, July 2017
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, June 2013
- Honored yearly from 2009 to 2013 for getting Distinction grade by Alexandria University.
- M. Mirmohammadsadeghi, S. Hanna, D. Cabric, "Modulation Classification using Convolutional Neural Networks and Spatial Transformer Networks",(invited paper) in Proc. IEEE Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, October 2017.
- Samer S. Hanna, Noha Korany, and Mina B. Abd-el-Malek, "Speech Recognition using Hilbert-Huang Transform Based Features," in 2017 40th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing (TSP).
- Samer S. Hanna, Karim G. Seddik, Amr A. El-Sherif , "Topology Realization using Gain Control for Wireless Testbeds," in Proceedings of the Tenth ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization, New York, NY, USA, 2016, pp. 49-56.
- Samer S. Hanna, Arsany Guirguis, Mahmoud Mahdi, Yaser A. El-Nakieb, Dina M. Saber, Moustafa Youssef, Mustafa El-Nainay, Amr El-Sherif, Karim Seddik , "CRC: Collaborative Research and Teaching Testbed for Wireless Communications and Networks," in Proceedings of the Tenth ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, Experimental Evaluation, and Characterization, New York, NY, USA, 2016, pp.73-80.
- Samer S. Hanna, Amr A. El-Sherif, and Mustafa Y. ElNainay, "Maximizing USRP N210 SDR Transfer Rate by Offloading Modulation to the On-board FPGA," in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications (WINCOM’16), Fez, Morocco, 2016, pp. 110-115.
- Mina B. Abd-el-Malek and Samer S. Hanna, "Using Filter Bank Property to Simplify the Calculations of Empirical Mode Decomposition", Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 62, pp. 429–444, Sep. 2018..