Mr. Kun Zeng received his B.E. and M.S. degrees from University of Electronic Science and Technology of China at Chengdu, China in 2003 and 2006, respectively. In 2008, he joined Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab, University of California, Los Angeles, advised by Prof. Danijela Cabric. His research interests lie in Wireless Communications and Advanced Signal Processing. Currently he is working on Secure Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radios.
- Ph.D., Wireless Communications and Information System, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC), Chengdu, China -- Expected Dec. 2010
- M.S., Communications and Information System, UESTC, Chengdu, China -- Apr. 2006
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, UESTC, Chengdu, China -- Jun. 2003
- B.S., Business Management, UESTC, Chengdu, China -- Jun. 2003
Visiting Student.......................Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded System Lab,UCLA (Oct.08-present)
- Research: Secure spectrum sensing design for cognitive radios.
Lecturer..................................National 3G College,Chengdu Branch,China (Sept.07-Jun.08)
- Teaching: Upper level undergraduate class on "Principle of Spread Spectrum Communications", 60 hours.
Student Representative(the only student from UESTC)..........FuTURE Mobile Communication Forum, China (Jan.06-Sept.08)
- Drafting and forwarding our university’s contributions about Beyond 3G researches to FuTURE Forum Whitepaper; joining in seminars aiming to establish the future wireless communications standard for China
- Note: FuTURE Forum is a telecommunication organization endeavoring to create an open international communication platform and to promote the development of Beyond 3G researches both in China and all around the world.
Graduate Student Researcher...............National Key Laboratory of Communications, UESTC, China (Jul.03-Sept.08)
- Leading researcher of Research on the Key Technologies of Cognitive Radio, supported by China High-Tech Research & Development Program (863 Major Projects Program)
- Research: Physical layer design for cognitive radios through spectrum sensing and spectrum agile transceiver technology; physical layer research for IEEE 802.22 through DVB-T signal detection; cognitive radio algorithms and architectures.
- Leading researcher of Distributed Multiple-Input Multiple-Output Signal Detection, supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
- Research: Distributed MIMO channel modeling, coherent and differential transceiver design.
- Program co-manager of Wireless Lamp for Future Wireless Communication System
- Research: Proposed the concept of wireless lamp communication which combines both powerline and wireless communication techniques; system design for this wireless lamp communication architecture; developed a demo for wireless lamp communication system.
- Co-researcher of Downlink Design and Realization of B3G System Based on TDD, supported by 863 Major Projects Program
- Research: Established the simulation models for each feasible signal detection algorithm, such as LLL-SD, SDE, and several algorithms concerning space-time coding, collected and analyzed simulation results; As the "Space-Time Processing" sub-team leader, being in charge of COSSAP simulation for space-time processing module and cooperated with other sub-teams to successfully build the testbed for the whole B3G system (TDD based).
Undergraduate Student Researcher.........Digital Image Processing Laboratory, UESTC, China (Sept.02-Jun.03)
- Research on the software design of grid image identification based on matlab.
- K. Zeng, P. Pawełczak, D. Čabrić, Reputation-based Cooperative Spectrum Sensing with Trusted Node Assistance, accepted, IEEE Communications Letters, Dec. 2009
- Zeng K. and Tang Y.X, Widely Linear Decision-Feedback Detection for Multiple-Input Multiple-Output Signals Based on MMSE Criterion, Journal of UESTC, Vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 361-363, May 2008.
- Zeng K., Tang Y.X, Tian B., Kong T., and Li S.Q., Order Interference Cancellation Detection Scheme for V-BLAST signals with Distributed Transmit Antennas, Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, Vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 135-138, Jan. 2006.
- K. Zeng, Y.X. Tang, and S.Q. Li, Widely Linear Decision-Feedback Detection for Distributed Transmit Antenna MIMO Systems, The IET International Conference on Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (ICWMMN06), Nov. 2006, Hangzhou, China.
- Peng Q.H., Zeng K., Wang J., and Li S.Q., A Distributed Spectrum Sensing Scheme Based on Credibility and Evidence Theory, Proceedings of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Nov. 2006, Helsinki, Finland.
- Wireless Lamp for Future Wireless Communication System, Whitepaper for FuTURE Forum Workgroup 4, 2006.
- PHY for Wireless Lamp Communication System, Whitepaper for FuTURE Forum Workgroup 4, 2006.
- A method for constructing ex-BLIND wireless communication system, Application No.20051000645.5.
- Postal (Visiting) Address: UCLA, Electrical Engineering, 56-125B (54-130B) Engineering IV, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
- Email: kun[dot]zeng[dot]ucla[at]gmail[dot]com, zengkun[at]uestc[dot]edu[dot]cn