Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab is a unique research entity within UCLA, which focuses on research in Cognitive Radio and Cognitive Radio-like systems. We are interested in all modern radio technologies, with the emphasis on systems that enable more efficient utilization of spectrum. Our group headed by Prof. Danijela Čabrić is a vibrant and young group of graduate students, international visitors and researchers.
- April, 2017: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Dr. Fereidoun H. Panahi from Keio University, Japan!
- October, 2016: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Prof. Feng-Tsun Chien from National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan!
- January 13, 2016: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Tom Vermeulen from KU Leuven!
- September 15, 2015: Welcome to our new visiting researchers: Jingwen Zhang from Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing and Jun Shi from Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin!
- December 2, 2014: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Jun Zhang from Tsinghua University, Beijing!
- September 16, 2014: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Alireza Razavi from Tampere University of Technology, Finland, and a new graduate student: Ghaith Hattab!
- June 3, 2014: Congratulations to Paulo Urriza on defending his Ph.D. thesis!
- May 20, 2014: Congratulations to Jun Wang on defending his Ph.D. thesis!
- February 6, 2014: Prof. Cabric has been promoted to Associate Professor, effective July 2014.
- February 1, 2014: Welcome to our new visiting scholar Dr. Liping Du from University of Science and Technology Beijing!
- January 27, 2014: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Arash Azarfar from École Polytechnique de Montréal.
- January 25, 2014: Congratulations to Mihir Laghate for placing 1st on the Preliminary Exam (Signals and Systems Track)!
- September 20, 2013: Three new graduate students join CORES lab. Welcome Shailesh Chaudhari, Danesh Esteki, and Han Yan!
- September 19, 2013: Prof. Cabric has been selected to attend the National Academy of Engineering 2013 US Frontiers of Engineering Symposium link
- August 2, 2013: Prof. Cabric will serve as the Poster Chair of the IEEE DySPAN 2014 link
- July 8, 2013: Prof. Cabric has served as the TPC chair of the 8th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks Crowncom
- June 20, 2013: Congratulations to Tsung-Han Yu on earning the Ph.D. degree!
We perform theoretical research with strong emphasis on the implementation and practicality of the solutions for future Cognitive Radio systems. We also conduct practical experiments using a variety of Cogntive Radio Testbeds in conjunction with a rapid prototyping design environement. We deal with anything related to Opportunistic Spectrum Access, Dynamic Spectrum Access, Reconfigurable Radios, Policy-based Radios, and Underlay and Overlay Radio Systems. All information about our current projects, with brief description of the results and the links to current publications, can be found on the Research page.
- Postal (Visiting) Address: UCLA, Electrical Engineering, 56-125B (54-130B) Engineering IV, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
- Phone: +1 310 206 9252
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org