Cognitive Reconfigurable Embedded Systems Lab is a unique research entity within UCLA, which focuses on research in Cognitive Radio and Cognitive Radio-like systems. We are interested in all modern radio technologies, with the emphasis on systems that enable more efficient utilization of spectrum. Our group headed by Prof. Danijela Čabrić is a vibrant and young group of graduate students, international visitors and researchers.
- September, 2017: Welcome to our new graduate students: Veljko Boljanović and Samer Hanna!
- July, 2017: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Rico Mendrzik from Hamburg University of Technology, Germany!
- May, 2017: Congratulations to Mihir Laghate on defending his Ph.D. thesis!
- April, 2017: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Dr. Fereidoun H. Panahi from Keio University, Japan!
- October, 2016: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Prof. Feng-Tsun Chien from National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan!
- January 13, 2016: Welcome to our new visiting researcher: Tom Vermeulen from KU Leuven!
- September 15, 2015: Welcome to our new visiting researchers: Jingwen Zhang from Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing and Jun Shi from Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin!
We perform theoretical research with strong emphasis on the implementation and practicality of the solutions for future Cognitive Radio systems. We also conduct practical experiments using a variety of Cogntive Radio Testbeds in conjunction with a rapid prototyping design environement. We deal with anything related to Opportunistic Spectrum Access, Dynamic Spectrum Access, Reconfigurable Radios, Policy-based Radios, and Underlay and Overlay Radio Systems. All information about our current projects, with brief description of the results and the links to current publications, can be found on the Research page.
- Postal (Visiting) Address: UCLA, Electrical Engineering, 56-125B (54-130B) Engineering IV, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1594
- Phone: +1 310 206 8856
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org