2010 UCLA Cores Lab News
- October 6, 2010: Plenty of changes at Cores Lab. Eric Rebeiz joined Cores lab as a graduate student, while Federico Penna has just joined the lab as a visitor: both will be working on energy-efficient CR networks. Lucas Araki left our lab to pursue other academic duties, while Oussama Sekkat recently graduated (congratulations!) and moved to Broadcom Corp.
- August 12, 2010: After a successful defense in front of UCLA professors Jihoon Park can officially add a PhD suffix to his name. Congratulations Jihoon!
- April 29, 2010: Qualcomm organized a competition for a selected university research groups in USA and Canada, where the goal was to design the most efficient wireless microphones detection algorithm. The team composed of Oussama Sekkat, Paulo Isagani Urriza, Jun Wang, Jihoon Park, Jared Dulmage, and Alican Gök were classified in top three together with University of Illinois Urbana Champaign and Queen’s University, beating three groups from Rutgers University, two groups from UC Davis, and groups from MIT, Virginia Tech and another group from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign. Congratulations Cores!
- February 18, 2010: The new guests are coming! UCLA welcomes Ir. Johan H.C. van den Heuvel, from Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. During the upcoming three months Johan will be working on power limited receivers. Johan, veel plezier in LA en success met je werk!
- January 11, 2010: UCLA Cores welcomes new visitor: Pål Grønsund, a PhD Student from University of Oslo, will be working during upcoming three months on networking aspects of IEEE 802.22 networks